Weelicious Recipe: http://weelicious.com/2008/12/03/black-bean-cakes/
Black Bean Cakes (Makes About 20 Patties)
- Prep Time:5 minutes,
- Cook Time: 15 minutes,
- Total Time: 20 minutes,
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ear of corn, cut off the cob (or 1 cup frozen kernels, defrosted)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil, vegetable or canola
- Place all the ingredients, except the oil, in a food processor and puree.
- Heat a large saute pan over low to medium heat with 1 tbsp oil.
- Place 1 Tbsp of the bean mixture in the pan. Using the back of a spoon, spread the mixture into an even circle (the size and shape of a pancake).
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip on the other side and cook another 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cook remaining patties, adding about 1 tbsp oil for each batch, and move to a plate.
- Cool and serve.
- *Allow to cool, transfer to a ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, defrost in fridge for 24 hours or heat in oven for 10 minutes at 300.